Volunteer With ISO in Colorado
Inside the Orchestra (formerly the Junior Symphony Guild) has a rich history of volunteerism in the Denver metro community dating back to 1958. Volunteers have been the life-blood of the organization since its inception and work hand-in-hand with the staff to continue to bring orchestral music to young children.
Contact our Denver orchestra to learn more about volunteering with our organization or how to become a member.
Denver Volunteers Helping Denver Children Gain Access to Music
Our current posted volunteer opportunities include:
- Treasurer (board position): The treasurer will be responsible for delivering monthly financial reports (with the help of Quickbooks and our accountant) for review by the Board of Directors. The treasurer will also be responsible for overseeing our small budget to make sure regular bills are paid and to work with our payroll company to make sure our musicians receive their payments. Once a year, the treasurer, with the assistance of our accountant, Development Committee and Executive Director, will help prepare our upcoming budget.
- Development committee (board position): The Development Committee is a working committee that provides recommendations to the full board in the areas of fundraising and program development. Folks with experience in development, fundraising, and nonprofit management are needed on this committee.
- Volunteer Coordinator: The volunteer coordinator will track and follow up with volunteers and people who express interest in working with Inside the Orchestra Link. The volunteer coordinator, in conjunction with the Board, Executive Officer, and/or staff will assign volunteers to various tasks based on their expressed interest and abilities. The coordinator will be responsible for retention and follow up with our volunteers.
- Tiny Tots Program Coordinators: We are in need of several people who can help us schedule, market, and run our Fall and Winter Tiny Tots program. The Coordinators will be responsible for identifying venues (many of these are predetermined) and dates for the concerts, publicizing the shows, outreach to diverse new audiences, and staffing the events. Coordinators will work in conjunction with our Executive Officer, Board, volunteers and/or staff.
- Annual Event: The 2013 Annual Event, Inside the Orchestra for Adults, will be held in February. We are working with Events, Etc. to help us with this spectacular event. We need several folks who are willing to help in all areas of event planning: fundraising, soliciting sponsorships, selling tickets, marketing, and working the event.
How Can You Help? Contact Us to Find Out!
Get in touch with our non-profit orchestra online to learn more about our Denver volunteer opportunities.